Law firms have become a major target of cybercriminals, making the protection of confidential information a major responsibility in the business of law. Firms now face increasing pressure from both clients and regulators to demonstrate they have implemented a current information security plan and are compliant with specific best practices for protecting against and responding to data breach incidents. This course will help legal management professionals better understand the risks, regulations and the important leadership role they have in cyber risk management within the firm.
Read the article in Legal Management magazine here. Then, purchase access to the quiz: members pay $49; nonmembers pay $69.
- Identify the cyber risks associated with law firms.
- Recognize the basics of good cyber risk management for your firm.
- Outline what should be included in an information security plan.
- Develop a clear understanding of cybersecurity compliance law and privacy standards.
- Describe what should be included in a breach response plan.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Members and nonmembers can read the article in Legal Management magazine, then log in to take a test. If you pass with at least 70 percent, you will earn one CE credit hour.
CLM Application Credit for Functional Specialists: 1 hour in the subject area of Operations Management (OM) toward the additional hours required of some functional specialists to fulfill the CLM application.
CLM Recertification Credit: 1 hour in the subject area of Operations Management (OM)
CLE: 1 hour of participatory credit