The Ever-Evolving World of Legal Ethics (CE Credit)
This course reviews the foundations and tenants of ethics. Historical and contemporary schools of ethics are examined, and ethical decision-making and behaviors are reviewed. Ethics as a component of leadership is also addressed, and several frameworks to address ethical decisions and dilemmas are presented.
Ethics in the legal profession is typically focused on lawyers, but applies equally to all staff and paraprofessionals in all settings — in law firms, corporate settings and the judicial branch. No organization, regardless of size or setting, is exempt from obligations of ethical behavior.
Read the article in Legal Management magazine here. Then, purchase access to the quiz: members pay $49; nonmembers pay $69.
- Define ethics and its importance.
- Describe several systems of ethical thought.
- Identify how ethics are formed at individual and organizational levels.
- Apply the importance of ethics to professions and codes of ethics.
- Identify and describe a framework for ethical decision making and ethical dilemmas.
- Provide suggestions for development of organizational ethics.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Members and nonmembers can read the article in Legal Management magazine, then log in to take a test. If you pass with at least 70 percent, you will earn one CE credit hour.
SHRM: Ethical Practice
CLE: Law Practice Management
HRCI: General Credit
CLM App Credit for Functional Specialists: 1 hour in the subject area of Legal Industry/Business Management (LI) toward the additional hours required of some Functional Specialists to fulfill the CLM application.
CLM Recertification Credit: 1 hour in the subject area of ethics.