Are you falling asleep reading while studying for the Certified Legal Manager (CLM)® exam? Turn to the CLM e-Learning supplement for an interactive way to study!
We surveyed CLMs to find the most challenging topics in each of the subject areas: Finance, Human Resources, Legal Industry/Business Management and Operations. Each component of the e-Learning supplement focuses on the topic(s) your peers could have used more assistance with.
For Legal Industry/Business Management, the most requested topic is understanding and applying insurance concepts. Here you will find four interactive, online activities:
- Review insurance vocabulary memorization flashcards
- Practice and then test your understanding of the limits of professional liability coverage by arranging timelines
- Sort insurance types into first- and third-party coverages
- Apply insurance concepts to real world situations with multiple-choice questions
This material is a supplement to the Study Guide for the CLM Exam, available in ALA's bookstore. For the best experience, first read the material in the Legal Industry/Business Management section of the Study Guide. Then, come here to practice using the information.
$99 for members and $129 for nonmembers
- People studying for the CLM exam will recall vocabulary terms related to professional and business insurance.
- Learners will interpret incident and claim timelines to determine insurance coverage.
- Learners will identify types of insurance and scenarios as first- or third-party.
- Learners will apply insurance concepts in appropriate real-world scenarios.
Successful completion of this course provides 1 hour of credit for the CLM. It can be applied in any of the following ways:
1-hour CLM application credit in Organizational Development
1-hour CLM application credit for functional specialists in LI/BM
1-hour CLM recertification credit for LI/BM
Tracey Nobis, CLM
Manager, Legal Operations
Tracey Nobis began her career as a law firm administrator and, after nine years, made the transition to in-house legal operations.
Tracey has been a member of ALA and ALA Chicago since 2006, and earned her Certified Legal Manager (CLM) credentials in 2011. Beginning in 2015, she served the Chapter in its communications activities, joining the Board in the capacity of Communications Director from 2017 – 2019 while also serving on the Professional Development Committee. Tracey has been the Chapter’s CLM Approved Provider since 2018. In 2020, she joined the Chapter’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, for which she now serves as Director of Diversity & Inclusion. She is the current Vice President Elect for ALA Chicago. Tracey served on the UPBMS Standards Committee for ALA National from 2016 – 2019, and was an e-Learning instructor for ALA’s Legal Industry course from 2015 – 2016. She was one of the authors of the CLM Study Guide and continues to assist ALA in supplemental study materials for CLM Applicants.
In her free time, Tracey is a volunteer Court-Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for abused and neglected children for DeKalb County CASA, is the President of her local high school’s booster club, and is an active member of both the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium and Association of Corporate Counsel.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|