Are you falling asleep reading while studying for the Certified Legal Manager (CLM)® exam? Turn to the CLM e-learning supplement for an interactive way to study!
We surveyed CLMs to find the most challenging topics in each of the subject areas: Finance, Human Resources, Legal Industry/Business Management and Operations. Each component of the e-learning supplement focuses on the topic(s) your peers could have used more assistance with.
For Operations, the most requested topic is understanding and applying office leasing concepts. Here you will find five interactive, online activities:
- Lease vocabulary memorization flashcards
- Read and interpret two sample leases
- Read and interpret sample blueprints, including calculating usable, non-usable, rentable and gross areas
- Brainstorm your own ideal lease
- Choose the best lease for an imagined firm in an extended scenario
This material is a supplement to the Study Guide for the CLM Exam, available in ALA's bookstore. For the best experience, first read the material in the Operations Management section of the Study Guide. Then, come here to practice using the information.
$109 for members and $139 for nonmembers
- People studying for the CLM exam will recall vocabulary terms related to leasing when presented with their definition.
- Learners will interpret, understand and compare full leases and blueprints.
- Learners will apply their knowledge to perform a leasing needs analysis for a firm.
Successful completion of this course provides 2 hours of credit for the CLM. It can be applied in any of the following ways:
2-hour CLM application credit in Organizational Development
2-hour CLM application credit for functional specialists in OM
2-hour CLM recertification credit for OM
Frank A. Macharoni Jr., CLM
Pickrel Schaeffer & Ebeling Co., LPA
Macharoni, a Certified Legal Administrator (CLM) for over 15 years, has been a member of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) for almost 25 years while working at three different law firms in the Dayton Ohio area. He is currently the Legal Administrator at Pickrel Schaeffer & Ebeling Co., LPA. Active in ALA matters, Frank spent six years as a member of the CLM Certification Committee, helping to write some of the questions that appear on the CLM examination. Macharoni is currently the Treasurer of the Dayton ALA chapter.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|