As administrators and managers of the business of law, we must ensure that we have knowledge of current trends in the legal industry and learn how external factors affect us and our ﬁrms. Learning the importance of staying current on legal trends and using them in our firm’s strategic plans will help us develop strategies to improve our law firm’s performance and help make them “Dynamic Law Firms.”
The amount of data our firms create, review and store grows exponentially each year. How we manage and secure that data is paramount to staying competitive in the legal industry. When we have gained the knowledge that we need to better manage our firms, we must share it with our firms and our peers. We must also work to implement changes that will keep our firms dynamic and moving forward in our ever-changing industry.
- Identify current law ﬁrm trends and determine their impact on your position or ﬁrm.
- Learn how current legal trends can help your organization become more efficient, productive and competitive in today’s global market.
- Recognize the importance of legal trends in your firm’s strategic planning for the future.
- Identify the characteristic of a “Dynamic Law Firm” and determine if our law firms are one.
- Develop strategies to improve our law firm’s performance to help make it dynamic.
- Recognize the importance of managing the ever-increasing amount of data created and stored in law firms.
- Define ways of protecting the firm’s data and the data that is stored for the firm’s clients and opposing parties.
- Identify tools available to law firms that will assist in managing, protecting and organizing the firm’s data.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Successful completion of this course provides 0.5 hour of credit for the CLM. Credit hours must be reported in 60 minute chunks or more. You must combine this 0.5 hour of credit with another LFME course to report it.
It can be reported in either of the following ways:
.5 Hours CLM application credit for functional specialists in legal industry/Business management
.5 Hours CLM Recertification credit in legal industry/Business management