Microsoft Teams Practical Law Firm Uses: Part 1
Recorded On: 11/19/2020
Many firms have Microsoft 365 and Teams but don't know how to put them to practical use. In most situations, the benefits go unexplored. Learn more about the applications you have at your disposal and their practical uses in common law firm processes, including:
- How to use Teams to organize cases in Channels and how to securely share it to your client and others.
- How to use Microsoft Planner within Teams for practice specific case planning, tasks and tracking.
- How to use Microsoft To Do/Lists to assign and track deadlines.
- Discover advanced and rarely used Microsoft Teams features and applications.
- Examine practical application of one or more Microsoft Teams features and applications.
- Recognize how to apply the discovery and applications to your own firm's processes.
Note: This is not a basic Teams training/demo. Please view the Teams Channel videos before attending. There is no programming experience required, but participants should have Microsoft 365 and/or Microsoft Teams administration abilities. It is preferred that participants be logged into the Microsoft 365 Admin Portal to follow examples, though it is not required.
Part 2 is scheduled for Wednesday, December 2, at 2 p.m. Central.
Educational Category: Communications and Organizational Management
Audience Level: Intermediate-Advanced
CLM Application Credit: Information Technology
CLM Recertification Eligible: Yes
SHRM Learning Format: Instructor-Led Activity
CPE Field of Study:
CPE Credit Eligible:
CPE Advanced Preparation:
James Gast is a 20-year legal tech veteran who presents at legal community events hosted by the Cincinnati Paralegal Association, the University of Cincinnati Paralegal Studies program and the Cincinnati Bar Association. He has held certifications for Time Matters, Billing Matters, Timeslips, Amicus Attorney, PCLaw and Clio.