Responding to a Request for Proposal (CE Credit)
A combination of increased competition, rising costs and growing scrutiny by management, auditors and investors, has made the RFP process the gatekeeper for new law firm business. In 2016, the average law firm, according to Lexis-Nexis, reported receiving 200 requests for proposals (RFPs) each month! Managing that workload has become a substantial exercise for firms large and small. That tide of inquiries brings issues of ethics, regulation, economics and strategy that should implicate legal management professionals. This course will examine the key elements of an RFP strategy.
Read the article in Legal Management magazine here. Then, purchase access to the quiz: members pay $49; nonmembers pay $69.
- Identify the key elements in an RFP.
- Define the parameters for when the firm should respond to an RFP.
- Examine ethical issues that may be presented by the RFP process.
- Break down the potential financial implications of responding to an RFP.
- Identify the team members for the process.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Members and nonmembers can read the article in Legal Management magazine, then log in to take a test. If you pass with at least 70 percent, you will earn one CE credit hour.
- CLM® Application Credit: 1 hour in the category of Writing Skills
- CLM® Application Credit for Functional Specialists: 1 hour in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR) towards the additional hours required of some Functional Specialists to fulfill the CLM application.
- CLM® Recertification Credit: 1 hour in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR).
- HRCI: HR Certification Institute® pre-approved this program for 1 HR (General) credit toward recertification.
- SHRM: This program is valid for 1 PDC toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.