Why the Big Picture Matters: Strategies for Employee Retention and Engagement
Includes a Live Event on 09/14/2022 at 2:00 PM (CDT)
In these unprecedented times of high turnover and employee burnout, it is crucial for managers to retain, engage and motivate current staff. One proven strategy for managers is to clearly communicate the organization’s big picture and how employees fit into it — people simply want to know how and why their work makes a difference.
Employees who clearly understand how they contribute to the big picture are more likely to:
- Become more invested in their jobs and make a difference
- Trust decisions made by management and serve as an advocate for the organization
- Bring innovative ideas to the table
- Work collaboratively with a team and improve job performance
In this program, we will review examples of how this strategy creates a more committed and innovative workforce. Participants will also learn ways to implement this strategy using employee check-ins, team discussions and performance management conversations.
- Identify the benefits of communicating the organization’s big picture and how using this strategy can lead to greater employee retention and engagement.
- Examine various scenarios, such as employee check-ins, team discussions and performance management conversation, where this strategy can be employed.
- Review desired outcomes and changes in employee performance after utilizing a big picture employee communication strategy.
$29 for members and $79 for nonmembers
Oak LD Consulting and Coaching
Christine Galano, LCOP-certified leadership development and career coach, is a highly effective talent development professional with over 20 years of experience supporting individual leaders and teams in the association and membership arenas.
This course is eligible for one (1) CLM credit in the following categories
CLM® Application Credit: 1 hour of Organizational Development
CLM® Application Credit for Functional Specialists: 1 hour in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR) towards the additional hours required of some Functional Specialists to fulfill the CLM application.
CLM® Recertification Credit: 1 hour(s) in the subject area of Human Resources Management (HR)
SHRM: Activity 22-39QMT
SHRM Learning Format: Instructor-Led Activity